NCCWN-ACCESS 2000 Wexford is seeking to fill Board vacancies with volunteer Board Members who will drive the Project forward to ensure it continues to positively impact the lives of women who experience disadvantage and marginalisation.
The responsibility of the Financial Board Member is to oversee the Financial Income and Expenditure of the Project and to provide advice and guidance for the long-term sustainability of the Project. Practical experience in this area would be crucial.
Board members perform a range of duties, including:
- complying with the NCCWN-ACCESS 2000 Wexford governing documents and policies;
- acting in the best interest of NCCWN-ACCESS 2000 Wexford;
- committing to the highest levels of corporate governance;
- providing input to the strategic direction of the Project;
- utilising existing knowledge and appreciation of the community, voluntary and/or adult education sector;
- managing the assets of NCCWN-ACCESS 2000 Wexford;
- having strong insight into all financial policies and controls of the Project with the ability to propose recommendations for change;
- overseeing compliance and risk management of the Project.
There will be 11 Board meetings and 6 sub-committee meetings a year which members are required to attend. These are held at 2 Green Street, Wexford.