Who is a Charity Trustee?
"Charity trustees are the people who ultimately exercise control over, and are legally responsible for, the charity."
Why Should you Join a Not-For-Profit Board?
- It an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the not-for-profit sector
- Create impact - you can make a difference to an organisation and its cause
- It feels good to volunteer - ignite your passion!
- Strengthen and gain new skills
- Transfer essential skills from one sector to another
- Develop your leadership skills
- Increase your understanding of the boardroom environment
Strengthen Your Profile
A strong detailed profile will match you with the right board vacancies
To find the right board vacancy for you, it is important to take some time to think about the different types of Not-For-Profits in Ireland, which appeal to you, and where do you want to have impact in society.
On your profile, choose as many areas of the Not-For-Profit interests so you can see relevant board vacancies for you.
The skills section is where you can choose your strengthens, what you feel you can offer a Not-For-Profit board.
Ensure that you only add skills to your profile that you feel you are experienced in and can share your knowledge with the rest of the board.