Muscular Dystrophy Ireland aims to provide information and support to people with neuromuscular conditions and their families through a range of support services. Our objective is to promote through practical empowerment, independent living for people with the condition muscular dystrophy.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity.
Muscular Dystrophy Ireland are seeking a trustee with an Accountancy background to join the Board.
If you have demonstrated experience in this area and want to play a key role in supporting individuals with Muscular Dystrophy and their families, we are keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- The appointed candidate will act as company treasurer and chair the sub-committee
- Advise the board and mentor the executive
- Review accounts with management and provide financial advice to the board on financial implications and proposals.
- Ensure MDI are compliant on all financial matters and accountancy practices
- Assist in identifying and mitigating risk.
- Ensure MDI is financially compliant within the confines of the charity's governance code
- Contribute to board discussions around the shaping of MDI
- Previous board experience including charities would be an advantage.
There will be a maximum of seven board meetings per year. Meetings are normally held in the premises of MDI, Chapelizod, Dublin 20. Meetings are currently held online given current circumstances. The appointed candidate will also join the Finance committee who meet in advance of each Board meeting.