Responsibilities of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensure the Charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Act in the best interest of the Charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the Charity
Additional Responsibilities of a NiteLine Trustee:
- Provide mentorship support to the NiteLine student committee
- Provide input to the strategic direction of NiteLine and contribute with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation
- Maintain the ethos of NiteLine
- Drive to provide a high-quality service
Responsibilities Specific to this Role:
- Support the committee in developing a clear market position and brand that speaks to its multiple target audiences to enable it to fulfil its mission and aims
- Oversee the development and implementation of an integrated strategic marketing plan with a clear social media plan to support
- Provide guidance on the development of the rebrand plan and also the restructure of the function on the ground to deliver the plan
- Mentor and develop the relevant committee members to execute the marketing objectives on the ground and effectively run the function
- Assist in budgetary planning and monitoring marketing expenditure against budget, in collaboration with the Director of Finance
- The candidate must be a qualified Marketer with minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Demonstrable management experience in developing and implementing strategic marketing/ communications plans at management level
- Experience in the preparation and review of marketing budgets and teams
- Good knowledge of building brands but also working with digital marketing to build awareness and brand penetration
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with the committee and other stakeholders
- Alignment with the ethos of NiteLine. An interest and passion for supporting the mental health of students across Ireland and a drive to provide high-quality services
- Meetings will take place on a monthly basis.
This is a voluntary position. In certain circumstances, travel expenses can be paid in line with NiteLine’s policy.
The Application Process:
To apply, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to email@example.com with the subject line “Trustee: Marketing” no later than midnight on September 30th. Your cover letter should include:
1. Your motivation for applying
2. An outline of how your skills/experience meet those required for the role
3. Any relevant additional skills/experience that you could bring to the board (e.g. strategic planning, project management, IT, administrative, leadership, etc.).
Interviews will take place remotely in October, with successful candidates appointed in November.