Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland is a registered charity and a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee (CLG) with a head office based in Dublin and national support groups across Ireland. The organisation aims to increase awareness of Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland and support people with Dyspraxia/DCD and their families through our support groups, education and training activities, and national telephone helpline. Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland has a strong partnership development ethos; we work closely with a number of Universities and schools in Ireland and the UK to build research and best practice. We are proud of our strong membership base and our volunteers who are committed to supporting the goals and vision of the organisation. Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland operates in an inclusive and transparent manner with a strong focus on good governance. This includes meeting the requirements of the Charities Governance Code and all relevant legislation.
Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland are currently undertaking a comprehensive review of our strategic plan and feel that the time is now right to broaden our current Board expertise as we continue to develop our public awareness, education, and partnership strategies nationally. We are seeking a new Board Director with experience in the following:
A Board Director with communications, marketing and public relations experience who will:
- Provide leadership on the development and implementation of an integrated marketing and public relations plan to strengthen Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland brand identity.
- Oversee the ongoing development of Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland marketing and communications strategy.
- Grow Dyspraxia/DCD Ireland's reach to a variety of audiences to help us fulfill our vision.
- Assist with the creation of a marketing and fundraising strategy that will allow us to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences including the media and key influencers.
- Experience of public relations and lobbying would be highly valued.
These persons will have an appreciation of the role of a charity trustee/director and a commitment to establishing and maintaining the highest levels of corporate governance. Knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector is helpful but not essential.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
• Comply with the Charity’s governing document
• Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Acting in the best interest of the charity
• Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
• Manage the assets of your charity
Typically there are six (6) board meetings and approximately three to four (3 to 4) sub-committee meetings per year. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call. Board meetings are currently held via teleconference. Sub Committees may be arranged via video call or in person as appropriate.
Board Directors are not remunerated, but reasonable travel and subsistence allowances are paid. Openness and transparency are key requirements so all potential conflicts of interest must be declared on application.
This role carries an all of Ireland remit.
If you feel you could make a difference to the lives of the many people we support, then we would love to hear from you.
If you have any further queries about this role please submit them by email to the Dyspraxia/DCD Chairperson, Ann Marie Galvin. firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this role please submit your CV to the application email below and you will be contacted in the strictest confidentiality by the Chairperson.