Early Childhood Ireland is seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy.
The Director will be appointed to the Board and the Audit Sub-Committee of the organisation. Their role will be to evaluate and monitor the governance of financial controls and procedures and ensure the organisation is compliant with best practice principles.
Responsibilities of the Audit Sub-Committee include the following:
- Effective review and monitoring of financial risks
- Reliable management and financial reporting
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations
- Maintenance of an effective and efficient audit
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
All Directors have a responsibility to:
- Assist the Chairperson and CEO and any sub-committees to formulate and review the organisation’s vision, mission and values on a regular basis
- Ensure that all regulatory and statutory requirements are complied with
- Be familiar with the Constitution, ensuring any changes are in line with constitutional and legal requirements
- Regularly attend Board meetings
- Develop a working knowledge of the organisation
- Share responsibility for decisions of the Board and support these decisions whether made by unanimous or majority vote
Board Meetings - There will be 4 – 5 board meetings and 4 - 5 Audit Sub-Committee meetings a year. Meetings are usually held in Tallaght, Dublin 24 and usually take place in the months of January, March, May, September and November. The Audit Sub-Committee Meetings take place approx. one week in advance of Board meetings.