Let's Get Talking is a charitable community-based mental health service providing accessible counselling & psychotherapy in Galway and Dublin 12. The service opened in Galway in 2013 and Dublin in 2015 as a response to growing waiting lists for public provision of counselling & psychotherapy and the financial barrier many encounter in accessing private counselling & psychotherapy.
Our aim is to fill the gap between public and private provision of professional and high-quality counselling & psychotherapy by removing barriers to access. Namely, we maintain a non-set fee policy and minimal waiting lists, ensuring client need is at the forefront rather than means. This policy ensures access to all in the communities we serve. To date, we have provided our service to almost 5000 people between our centres in Galway and Dublin.
We are looking for a new member of the our board of directors with expertise in Communications to support the development of our Communications Policy & Strategy as a member of the Communications and Fundraising Sub-Committee.
General Board Member Responsibilities
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Key Responsibilities for Communications Role
- Working as a member of a Sub-Committee to develop and oversee implementation of organisation's Communications Policy and Strategy
- Increase the profile and advance the brand identity of Let's Get Talking nationally
- Advise the Board and Staff on responding to Media issues
- Ensure that Communication and Advocacy Activities are aligned and consistent with Organisational Capacity and Fundraising Activities.
- Attendance at 4 Board meetings per year
- Attendance at Sub-Committee meetings (at least 1 per year)
- Reviewing papers prior to meetings to enable decision making