Title: Member of the Board of Directors
Accountable to: Chairperson and Board of Directors
Status: Unpaid voluntary role, 3-year term
Summary of role
Galway Family Planning Association is seeking to recruit a new member of the board of directors.
The candidate should ideally have a knowledge of the not for profit or related sector.
Every board member has the following responsibilities:
• Commitment to the development of the Galway Family Planning Association and support for its vision, mission, values and objectives – which the board members will be responsible for setting
• Acting in the interests of Galway Family Planning Association at all times in relation to assets, property, statutory obligations and management requirements
• Ensuring Galway Family Planning Association complies with relevant legal requirements
• Developing and monitoring internal systems that are transparent and accountable to stakeholders
• Formally registering conflicts of interest or loyalty with the board
• Not accepting gifts or gifts in kind in the capacity of board member
• At all times, acting with integrity and upholding the interests of the organisation