Feach has recently registered with the CRO and this will be a brand new "start up" board. Prior to this, Feach was run for several years as a totally voluntary organisation made up of parents of blind & visually impaired children. Our focus is equality in access to education. We have a very active and engaged committee that meets on a bi-monthly basis during the school year. We are primarily a support group, however, as a result of shortcomings in the services available to our children, we have been involved in lobbying varying Government agencies on their behalf.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee:
• Comply with the Charity’s governing document
• Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Acting in the best interest of the charity
• Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
• Manage the assets of your charity
Feach is seeking an individual with with experience in the education sector.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Assist with the creation of an access to education strategy that will include a Handbook for educators on best practices
• Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice
• A principal or retired/ex principal
- A teacher or retired/ex teacher
- A learning resource teacher or retired/ex learning resource teacher
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
• A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Community & Voluntary sector
- An understanding of the education system
• An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
• Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
Note: Expertise in visual impairment is NOT a requirement for this role.
Board Meetings: There will be 4 board meetings annually. Meetings are held via Zoom.