Responsibilities of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensure the Charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Act in the best interest of the Charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the Charity
Additional Responsibilities of a NiteLine Trustee:
- Provide mentorship support to the NiteLine student committee
- Provide input to the strategic direction of NiteLine and contribute with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation
- Maintain the ethos of NiteLine
- Drive to provide a high-quality service
Responsibilities Specific to this Role:
- Use clinical expertise to advise NiteLine on how to continuously improve the quality and reach of their service to third level students
- Ensure NiteLine’s policies and procedures are in line with the industry’s best practices, particularly in relation to call-taking, training and support for volunteers
- Assist the development and implementation of a mechanism to ensure quality assurance in NiteLine’s service delivery
- Consult on other relevant matters; including the recruitment of suitable volunteers and the maintenance of positive working relationships in the affiliated college counselling departments
- A minimum Level 8 degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Psychotherapy is required. The successful applicant must be accredited by any of the following recognised accrediting bodies: IACP, IAHIP, FTAI, IFCAP, IFPP or the PSI.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a clinical setting and/or counselling service
- Knowledge of child protection legislation and mandatory reporting
- Experience and/or interest working with young adults and mental health charities
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with the committee and other stakeholders
- Alignment with the ethos of NiteLine. An interest and passion for supporting the mental health of students across Ireland and a drive to provide high-quality services
- Meetings will take place on a monthly basis.
This is a voluntary position. In certain circumstances, travel expenses can be paid in line with NiteLine’s policy.
The Application Process:
To apply, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Trustee: Clinical Consulting” no later than midnight on October 4th. Your cover letter should include:
1. Your motivation for applying
2. An outline of how your skills/experience meet those required for the role
3. Any relevant additional skills/experience that you could bring to the board (e.g. strategic planning, project management, IT, administrative, leadership, etc.).
Interviews will take place remotely in October, with successful candidates appointed in November.