OvaCare’s goal is to improve diagnosis and education of ovarian cancer within Ireland, through sharing global research and best practice, and providing support and advocacy through OvaCare’s dedicated support network.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
OvaCare are seeking a Board Director and Company Secretary. The company secretary provides comprehensive legal, governance, compliance and administrative support and guidance to the board of trustees. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in making a positive and personal difference to the OvaCare community of patients we are keen to hear from you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Responsibility to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements including corporate governance and compliance with relevant codes.
- Oversee administrative duties, such as taking agenda items and preparing and circulating the agenda and any other papers
- Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
- Ensure the taking of Minutes at Board meetings and make sure these are kept in a Minutes Book and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting.
- Ensure membership records are up to date.
- To administer any projects as may be undertaken by the board in its works.
- Responding efficiently to email correspondence if queries / issues arise
There will be quarterly board meetings plus the AGM. Meetings are online at present and will be a mix of both of online and in person going forward.