Empowerment Plus’s mission is to empower young people, families, and communities at risk to live just and fulfilling lives. We are committed to serving families and communities who are often under-represented in society and feel disempowered by existing social structures. Employing prevention efforts, promoting autonomy, and recognising the individual’s ability to reach their own potential, Empowerment Plus provide supports and services to those most at risk in society. Our vision is an Ireland, where all children, young people, and families have the means to reach their full potential and the opportunity to live happy, healthy, and secure lives.
Empowerment Plus provides the following services:
- Child protection support services including individualised one-to-one support and short and long-term support using individualised plans based on social work assessment of needs, as well as 24/7 on-call support for crisis cases.
- Supervised access where family contact is provided in a formal setting for an agreed period and frequency supported and supervised by our staff.
- Supervised transport which ensures that children get to attend school, meetings with family members, and other necessary appointments in safe and secure manner.
- Family support services which focus on early intervention and the promotion and protection of the health, well-being, and rights of children and their families.
- Community support through outreach work and 1:1 support building positive relationships with children and families in the communities that they live in.
- In care and after care support through supporting fostering placements to prevent placement breakdown and preparing young people for independent living as well as providing support for young people who have moved into independent living.
Empowerment Plus are seeking to recruit a trustee with a background in child protection, family support, social care, addiction, mental health, justice or youth justice, or disabilities.
The Board are particularly interested in individuals with recent and relevant experience in strategy and policy development, communications, HR, financial management / auditing, tendering or service level agreement development, and/or knowledge of governance practices.
Charities Regulator’s General Duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit.
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of our charity.
By being a trustee of Empowerment Plus your responsibilities will include the following:
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the organisation and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience at board meetings and any additional commitments
- Policy development and implementation as required.
- Actively participating in Board meetings and providing leadership.
Essential/Desired Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- A deep appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector.
- An understanding of statutory agencies and the public sector.
- At least two years’ experience operating at a middle management or senior level.
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values.
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance.
There will be four board meetings and four sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings are held presently held on Zoom / MS Teams.