Changing Ireland is the most popular Irish civil society magazine promoting community development (in print and online). Publishing from Moyross, Limerick, since 2001, Changing Ireland is an independent not-for-profit, community-based communications enterprise, with both employee and volunteer resources.
- Its mission is to use social and traditional media to increase support for and recognition of the value of community development work and its role in bringing about a more just and inclusive society.
- It is dedicated to promoting Community Development and positive news.
- It highlights community-focused solutions to supposedly impossible social issues.
- It gives a voice to people working collectively to change their community and society for the better.
- It is core-funded through the Department of Rural and Community Development and earns some income through social enterprise.
The project delivers a really valuable product/service and has serious potential for development/expansion.
The company has a serious onus on it to do its utmost to promote social inclusion and to challenge discrimination and highlight the good work of staff/ volunteers/ activists at local community level.
In March, the board signed off on a five-year strategic plan.
To get a taste for the work our magazine produces, check us out online.