Dublin City Volunteer Centre (DCVC) is seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual to serve as our Board Chairperson. This is an exceptional opportunity to lead the governance of an organisation that plays a pivotal role in connecting volunteers with meaningful opportunities and supporting the vibrant Irish society we envision.
About Us: With over 1,100 registered community and voluntary organisations and 20,000 volunteers, our mission is to foster a connected community through active participation in voluntary activities. We provide placement services, support, and training to ensure a positive experience for volunteers and organisations.
The Role: As the Board Chairperson, you will be a key leader, working alongside the Centre Manager to set the tone for effective governance, strategic planning, and operational success. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading Board Meetings: Guiding discussions, promoting diversity of views, and ensuring clear decision-making.
- Governance Oversight: Act as a charity trustee and company director, evaluating and reflecting on the board's performance.
- Strategic Leadership: Contributing to succession planning, supporting board members, and identifying opportunities for new members.
- Ambassadorship: Representing DCVC, actively promoting the organisation, and engaging with stakeholders.
Requirements: We are looking for individuals with the following qualities:
- Leadership Skills: Able to lead discussions, build consensus, and set objectives.
- Commitment: Passionate about volunteerism, committed to the values of DCVC, and mindful of governance principles.
- Communication: Respectful of diverse views, skilled in positive issue resolution, and an effective ambassador.
- Experience: Knowledge of the not-for-profit sector in Ireland, understanding of the regulatory environment, and awareness of company law.
Commitment and Location: Board members serve a three-year term with an anticipated commitment of 8 hours per month. Meetings take place at Dublin City Volunteer Centre and online. The chairperson should be prepared for some preparatory work in advance of each meeting.
Training and Support: New directors receive induction, training, and support, ensuring a smooth transition into the role. DCVC covers reasonable transport costs for volunteers.
Expectations and Benefits: Expectations include acting in the best interests of DCVC, preparing for meetings, and respecting confidentiality. In return, trustees gain new skills, make a positive impact, build valuable networks, and experience leadership in a supportive environment.
You can find a full role description here
Join us in making a difference, fostering connections, and shaping the future of volunteering in Dublin!