The Parkinson's Association of Ireland, (PAI) is a medical patient advocacy charity dedicated to providing information and support to those affected by Parkinson's Disease. We are a national member organisation with 16 branches and 1200 members.
- to help and support patients and carers by developing a support network of branches throughout the country
- to make information available to patients and their families through seminars, newsletters and branch meetings on both a national and local level
- to facilitate easy access to all appropriate services for people with Parkinson's and to lobby to improve those services
- to help establish a network of PDNS, within a multidisciplinary setting, each in association with a neurologist and or a geriatrician.
- to promote and encourage research into Parkinson's.