MWRSS is an NGO and a local domestic violence support agency with a catchment area of Co. Meath. We have been working in the community for 30 years and have a strong track record of supporting women and children experiencing domestic violence. We work closely with a wide range of stakeholders to fulfil our mission statement and seek innovative responses to domestic violence in Co. Meath and Ireland through our membership of Safe Ireland. We are clear that domestic violence is a violation of human rights and through our work we seek to vindicate the rights of women and children affected by domestic violence.
The role of MWRSS
- To provide a place of safety where women can take time to look at the options available to ensure their future safety.
- To support and assist women in dealing with the impact of the abuse on themselves and their children through the wide range of services and supports provided.
- To recognise and care for the physical, emotional and educational development needs of the children who attend the service.
- To respect and, where necessary, foster parent/child relationships.
- To offer support, relevant and accurate information to any person in relation to violence against women
- To raise awareness of violence against women and the impact it has on the wider society