Meath County Childcare Committee was established in 2001 under The Department of Justice Equality and Law Reforms Equal Opportunities Programme (EOCP) an initiative which funded and supported the development of childcare.
The Committees main role is to maintain and support service provision, stimulate and promote the establishment of new services and improve the quality of childcare services in the Meath area.
Its members come from statutory, community organisations, and childcare providers.
- Department of Social & Family Affairs
- Family Support Services HSE
- Meath Partnership
- Childcare Provider Representatives
- Parents Representatives
- Meath County Council
- Department of Education & Science
- Meath Vocational Educational College
- National Voluntary Childcare Collaborative
- Childminding Representatives
- Community & Voluntary Sector Reps