HUGG’s mission is to provide grief support to suicide bereaved adults in Ireland. Each suicide effects up to 135 people. That means that every year there are 67,500 people who may need support .
HUGG provides peer support groups led by trained volunteers all of whom have been bereaved by suicide. We also give telephone and email support, information on suicide bereavement through various platforms and signpost to additional services, when need.
We also strive to improve public awareness on the impact of suicide, support research in Postvention and work with statutory and voluntary organisations.
HUGG is seeking to recruit two trustee to join the Board and is particularly interested in individuals with a background in the health sector and/or recent and relevant experience in one or more of the following:
- NGO experience at national level
- Legal expertise
- Marketing & Communications expertise
General Duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following
- Providing input to the strategic direction of the Not-For-Profit and contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the sector.
- Policy formation and implementation as required
- Developing a Marketing and Communications Strategy
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles
- An appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance
There will be eight board meetings and a maximum of three sub-committee meetings a year. Meetings typically last 2-3 hours are held in Dublin.