GROW is a national community based organisation providing support and education around emotional and mental wellbeing. Our 12 Step Recovery Program (which is based on CBT techniques) provides effective peer support, motivation and empowerment to enable members to take action to change their circumstances in a structured and supportive environment. GROW’s weekly support meetings offer members a practical path out of mental and emotional issues. We provide educational programs, promoting positive emotional and mental wellbeing.
It achieves this through its support groups, and the provision of community educational and workplace programs. The organisation has a highly qualified, motivated, committed and experienced workforce some of whom are experts by experience. Allied to this is a strong regional base supported by very committed volunteers. The robust evaluation of groups and educational programs ensures a quality service delivered in an equitable manner across the country.
Founded in 1969 GROW exists to:
• Provide and maintain support groups within communities;
• Educate the public and health professionals in the area of mental health and recovery principles.
GROW’s vision is to ensure that Growth, Recovery, Optimism and Wellbeing is possible for everyone. We work to achieve this vision by making it our mission to “nurture mental health, personal growth, prevention and full recovery from all kinds of mental illness”. We do this by:
• Providing and maintaining support groups within communities
• Educating the public and health professionals in mental health and recovery principles
• Working in collaboration with other organisations, agencies and experts to achieve our vision
• Influencing public policy and raising awareness of the challenges of those struggling with mental health issues