Gheel Autism Services was founded in 1971 by parents of people with autism. We provide services for adults with autism in the greater Dublin and North Kildare region. Here at Gheel, we provide day, residential, supported living and outreach services for adults with autism with the goal of maximising independence and enhancing quality of life for all of our service users. All of our programmes are tailored to recognise the unique individuality of persons with ASD.
Gheel Autism Services are committed to delivering quality and safe services, which embrace and support unique individuality of persons with autism as valued members of society.
Our Autism informed services aims to:
- Support and embrace difference
- Design individual person-centred services
- Facilitate family and community involvement
- Promote evidence-based practice and training
- Respect the Privacy and Dignity of each individual
- Provide people with choices, not boundaries
- Live a low arousal philosophy
- Monitor and audit our services in line with best practice
- Give people a life, not just a service