Edenmore Drug Intervention Team (EDIT) supports people at risk of, or affected by, problem substance use. EDIT was established in Edenmore in 1997 and continues to deliver a range of services to the local community along with people from across north east Dublin.
Using a variety of evidence-based interventions, we support young people, adults and families in a community setting. Our continuum of care ranges from a harm-reduction approach through to therapeutic and aftercare supports.
We empower each person to co-develop a comprehensive care plan and offer regular key-working sessions to support the achievement of the goals they set.
EDIT has undergone a period of significant change in the last two years which has resulted in organisational growth, development and achievements including:
- 60% growth in client numbers
- Expansion of services offering, particularly for family members affected by substance
- Relocation to a larger, improved and purpose-fitted location resulting in greater presence and visibility in the Edenmore community
- Staff and systems development
- Re-branding of service
- Continuous growth in collaboration and engagement with other community, voluntary and statutory sectoral partners
The building of a dedicated and talented board has been integral to this evolution. We are looking for enthusiastic leaders to join our board and contribute to the organisation’s ongoing development, success and enhanced quality as a leading, community-based service.