Who we are and What we do
Dublin Circus Project is a non profit, member-based organisation working to bring the cCircus Arts to life in Dublin and beyond by: building awareness, providing a dedicated training centre with residency opportunities, offering adult and youth circus education, providing career opportunities for artists and producing circus events and performances in Dublin.
Founded in 2009, we believe circus can change lives for the better! Our team includes contracted administrators who deliver our operations as well as vetted and trained teams of youth tutors who deliver our youth and scoial circus programmes. We are currently a CLG however are in the process of applying for our charity status.
Our members vary from full time circus performers to emerging circus artists to hobbyists engaging in a fun fitness alternative. Our beneficieroes include those who enagge with our youth circus and social programmes as well as artists who avail of our residency programmes.
Our main organisational areas of focus are:
- Youth Circus Programmes: Our mission is to increase youth participation in the circus arts and help train the next generation of professional Circus Arts performers. We offer custom programmes for schools and community groups and run Youth Circus classes.
- Social Circus Outreach: Our mission is to provide high quality circus workshops where the overall aim is personal development and team building in the participant group. Dublin Circus Project has previously run Social Circus programmes with Direct Provision centres and other at risk groups.
- Classes: By offering regular classes and workshops over a variety of disciplines we encourage people of all skill levels to join in and learn.
- Training Centre: Our mission is to facilitate skill development opportunities to the public and professional circus performers and to support emerging artists in their transition to professional practice. We offer circus artist development and residencies through the provision of a Dublin based training facility, the Dublin Circus Centre, where beginners, hobbyists and seasoned professionals are welcome to train and hone their skills.
- Provision Of Work: Our mission is to ensure the sustainability of Dublin Circus Project and to provide a source of employment at fair rates for professional circus artists, facilitators and DCP administrator/s in Dublin. If you are looking to hire performers or facilitators for your event, occasion, school programme, team building workshops or other, please contact us for more information.
- Productions and Events: Our mission is to create new and original circus productions and provide events to reach and develop greater public audiences for the circus arts in Dublin. Throughout the year we produce multiple events from social occasions to professional productions. These events include our ever popular Renegade!, our amateur/emerging artist Open Stage shows, our Street and Circus Theatre productions and more. For all of these events our members can get involved and take their skills to the stage.