Tallaght Childcare Centre (TCC) provides a level of community childcare service which is not provided by the public sector. Whilst commercial services offer a similar service it is a cost that many families cannot afford. TCC fills this gap by offering a subsidised service so that families can afford to send their children to an early childhood care provider.
TCC is a community based full-time crèche situated in Millbrook Lawns and in Fettercairn, Tallaght, Dublin 24. It has been in operation since September 1997 and has provided full-time and part-time care for over 500 children to date. These services included the provision of high-quality developmental childcare and early childhood education, in line with best practice and the facilitation of parents in enhancing their parenting skills and in taking up opportunities for education, training and employment. TCC continues to provide equal access to low-income parents through the development of an appropriate fee structure.
The current board of directors:
- Niall Quigley
- Breda Kennedy
- Natalie Dunne
- Allison Graham
- Genevieve Wyeth
- Maria Hill
- Maria Price-Bolger
Tallaght Childcare Centre are seeking a Charity trustee with a Legal background, particularly experience with charity or employment law. If you have experience in these areas and want to play a key role in, we’re keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities of a Legal Charity Trustee include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Act as Legal Counsel, assisting on legal aspects of the organisation and pertaining to best practice
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least 5 years’ experience.
- Expertise in areas such as Employment and Charity Law would be an advantage.
- Experience in data protection regulations/GDPR
- Understanding of the challenges of not-for-profit bodies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences.
- Understanding of the values and vision of Tallaght Childcare Centre.
- Good timekeeping.
- Tact and diplomacy.
- Understanding of the roles/responsibilities of a charity.
There are 6 board meetings per year,lasting approx. 2 hours, and meeting dates are scheduled in advance at the start of each year. Meetings are held in Tallaght, typically on Thursday mornings, with an option for remote attendance occasionally, if necessary.