The Irish Second-Level Students’ Union (ISSU) are seeking a Director with responsibility for Finance, Audit, & Risk. The Finance, Audit, & Risk Director provides comprehensive oversight of the organisation’s finances, leads the ISSU’s annual audits and manages risk within the organisation. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in the Irish Second-Level Students’ Union we are keen to hear from you.
Candidate specification includes the following:
- The successful candidate will offer oversight of finance, audit and risk
- management in line with usual board responsibilities.
- Inputting to the strategic direction of the organisation, contributing with
- insight, oversight and experience at board meetings.
- Lead and signing off on annual audited accounts
- Preparing and presenting quarterly accounts at board meetings and
- presenting the annual audited accounts at the AGM
- Responsibility to ensure that the company complies with all relevant statutory
- and regulatory requirements
- Chairing meetings of the Finance, Audit and Risk sub-committee
- Reporting on the work of the Finance, Audit and Risk sub-committee to the Board of Directors at every Board meeting.
Not mandatory, but beneficial:
- NGO experience
There will be a board meeting of 2 hour duration every 6 weeks, with some
committee work outside of these meetings. There will also be meetings held for the
Finance Audit and Risk Sub-Committee every 6 weeks, 2 weeks before every board
meeting. Meetings are held remotely, with occasional in-person meetings in Dublin
Term of Office
The term of office will be three years with the possibility of renewable by agreement
of the Board for an additional term of two years, if the trustee desires.
General Trustee Duties of a Charity Trustee & Company Director:
- Compliance with the charity’s governing documents
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
- Charity trustees may not profit from carrying out their duties as a charity trustee.
- Board members do not receive remuneration for Board membership. Travel and
- subsistence will be paid in line with ISSU policy and public sector rates.