The Eastern Region of Irish Girl Guides seeks a Regional Committee Secretary. The Irish Girl Guides (IGG) has approximately 12,000 youth and adult members in Ireland, with a paid staff supporting the work of volunteers in the organisation. We are a youth-driven, dynamic organisation offering a varied and exciting programme for girls and young women aged 5-30, and opportunities for women of all ages. As a girl-only movement, girls are free to develop and express themselves in a safe, comfortable, supported setting. Our members learn new skills, grow in self-confidence, develop teamwork and leadership skills, experience new activities, and build lifelong friendships. We have a strong emphasis on the outdoors, environment, community responsibility and global sisterhood. IGG actively promotes diversity and inclusion and welcomes girls and young women from all walks of life. Anyone who lives their life as female is welcome to join the organisation. Eastern Region of Irish Girl Guides includes all our adult and youth members in counties Dublin, Wicklow, Kildare and parts of Laois and Offaly.
Role Description: The Eastern Region Secretary will be responsible for the following:
- Record the minutes of the Regional meetings in consultation with the Regional Commissioner. These meetings take place on a weekday evening approx. 8-9 times per year.
- Keeping up to date on Long Service Awards to adult volunteers. - Updating our CRM system and producing reports from the CRM system.
- Supporting in event organising (making bookings, securing quotes, researching travel options etc)
- Circulating information to the Regional team by email
- Supporting Regional team members in the voting process (including issuing reminders, providing information and circulating nomination and voting forms)
- Maintaining regional online storage facility on MS Teams
This is a fabulous opportunity to be part of an organisation that makes a HUGE difference in the lives of girls and young women and Gives Girls Confidence. There will be full training provided. Essential skills are excellent organisational skills, experience of minute-taking, and an ability to use MS Office. Experience in MS Teams and CRM software would be an advantage, but full training can be provided. A positive disposition and a willingness to support volunteers in Irish Girl Guides are essential! Fun and camaraderie guaranteed, along with plenty of opportunities to attend events, meet new people and represent a national organisation that supports girls and women. Further information and applications can be emailed to the Eastern Regional Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.