The requested commitment is approximately 3 hours per week. You are asked to stay on as Company Secretary for a minimum of 15 months.
A company secretary typically provides legal and administrative support and guidance to the board of trustees. If you have experience in this area and want to play a role in Shine A Light Suicide and Mental Health Awareness we’d be keen to hear from you.
The Board is particularly interested in speaking to individuals with a background in the health sector or relevant experience in one or more of the following:
• Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs) at the national level
• Public Sector Organisation
• The Governance or Legal sector
Responsibilities will include the following:
• Providing input to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience in strategy formulation in other sectors.
• Ensuring that the company complies with all relevant statutory and regulatory requirements
• Overseeing administrative duties, such as taking agenda items and preparing and circulating the agenda and any other papers
• Follow up on decisions taken at meetings in consultation with the chairperson
• Taking Minutes at Board meetings and making sure these are managed securely and circulated to other members of the Board as soon as possible after the meeting,
• Ensuring membership records are up to date.
The ideal Candidate will
Have previous experience and knowledge on governance within charities
Have experience working as a company secretary of a non-profit for at least one year or working in a secretarial position for at least 2 years.
Fluent use of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
Essential Skills/Qualities Required for this Role
• An appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
• An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
• Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance
There are 4 board meetings a year. Meetings are held in Cork City or online. Committee meetings 10 per annum. Working sub-groups are scheduled as needed.
We are looking for a candidate that resides in the geographical area, as most of our meetings require physical attendance.