The Role: Non-Executive Director of Corporate Governance /Legal Affairs
Enclude is seeking to recruit someone to fill the role of Non-Executive Director of Corporate Governance/Legal Affairs on the Board. The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with prior experience working in a similar role, either in a commercial organisation or another charity.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- An understanding of, and commitment to, our mission and values
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the CEO and Board members
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Acting with reasonable care and skill
- Managing the assets of the charity
- Commitment to all legal and fiduciary responsibilities, ensuring compliance with statutory obligations and ensuring best practice in corporate governance
Specific Responsibilities of this Role
- Providing guidance to the CEO and Board on the legal framework required to support and manage the growth in the development of the organisation and its multi-stakeholder relationships, funding models, service level agreements and programme and project contracts
- Providing general expertise and advice on all matters relating to corporate governance and Law
- Ensuring compliance with the Charity Regulator's Governance Code.
- Supporting the Board on legal issues, regulatory compliance with the CRO and the Charities Regulator
- Providing support with the development and monitoring of effective risk management strategies.
Essential Experience, Skills and Personal Qualities:
- Minimum three years’ professional experience in a legal expertise role, e.g., a Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
- Expertise in areas such as Employment and Commercial Law would be an advantage
- Good business acumen and the ability to understand service and growth models in the technology/digital sector would be helpful
- Knowledge of non-profit sector would be advantageous
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
This is a voluntary role.
Directors serve a three-year term from the date of their appointment and are eligible for one additional term of three years. There are 7 to 8 board meetings a year which are scheduled outside normal business hours. In person board meetings are held in Dublin City with the option to join via video call.
We would like to hear from you if you think you can help us to build and strengthen the capacity of the non-profit sector. Please send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications : 14th June 2021
Registered Charity No. 20064006, Company Registration No. 442488