Spirasi provides holistic rehabilitation to survivors of torture – asylum seekers, refugees, and their families – who have fled persecution and who are now living in Ireland.
Informed by global best practice, we offer a range of direct services to those who have been tortured, and train partners in Ireland who support those who have experienced trauma. On behalf of our clients, we advocate for improved service-provision, the safeguarding of human rights and an end to torture.
We are currently seeking a leader from the world of audit or finance to join our board as a non-executive Director and Treasurer.
An outline of duties:
- Ensure that financial controls are fit for purpose and in compliance with regulations.
- Lead the work of the Finance Sub-committee.
- Assess and advise on annual budgets and quarterly management accounts.
- Advise on financial implications of strategic and operational plans.
- Advise on the selection of auditors, and the presentation of annual financial statements and associated external audit work.
- In collaboration with your fellow board members, ensure value for money and successful delivery of business and strategic plans by the organisation’s executive team.
- Ensure that expenditure is in line with agreed budgets.
- Ongoing review and approval of all executive personal expenses.
- Commitment to the ethos, vision, and objectives of Spirasi
- Good communicator and team worker
- Willing to work with other Director colleagues on a voluntary basis.
- Professional qualification / work experience in Accountancy or Financial Management essential.
The envisaged minimum commitment is to c. eight meetings per year (four quarterly board meetings and four of the sub-committee meetings.) Meetings are mostly in person in Dublin.