Bandon Family Resource Centre (BFRC) is located in Bandon, Co Cork. BFRC provides a wide range of family support and community development services for the community of West Cork.
The BFRC, is rooted in the local community and all work is underpinned by community development principles and practices. A key feature of Bandon Family Resource Centre’s work is the involvement of local people in identifying needs and developing needs-led responses.
BFRC is looking to recruit a company secretary. Membership of the Voluntary Board of Management is an opportunity to influence the strategic direction of the FRC and support positive change in all it’s services.
The Board are particularly interested in individuals who are either:
- A resident of the target area and /or have a knowledge and understanding of the issues for the community
- People with experience with a charity or voluntary organisation
- Governance and compliance experience
General duties of a member of the Voluntary Board of Management (VBOM):
- Commitment to the growth of the BFRC
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Attendance at Board meetings
- Shaping strategy for the project
- Ensuring that all activities are consistent with BFRC vision and core values
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Manage the assets of the charity
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Representing the interests of all BFRC target group as opposed to their own.
- Company Secretary
The company secretary will work alongside the company chairperson and other members of the Board of Directors by sharing responsibilities to ensure that the company’s administration of a high and effective standard. They will also work together to ensure that the company complies with the relevant law and legislations.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexibly and on their own initiative. The successful candidate will be obliged to exercise due care, skill and diligence during their appointment.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintaining accurate records & making them available as required by submitting reports to the Board of Management as required.
- Co-signing and certifying of statements and/or legal declarations.
- Comply with the organisations governing document
- Ensuring the organisation is complying with its purpose for the public’s benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Support collective responsibility of Board
- Keeping the company’s minutes of board and general meetings
- Keeping and making available for inspection, the company’s registers
- Providing the directors with legal and administrative support
- Publishing statutory notices
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Supports the executive to ensure an effective AGM and oversees compliance with organisation constitution in this regard.
- Experience in a Company Secretary role desirable but not essential.
- Legal /management/ governance experience or qualification.
- This is a voluntary role.