Step Up Ireland is a new and progressive non-profit organisation that wants to empower adults with disabilities to set up their own businesses. We want to provide business courses that are tailored to the needs of individuals as led by them.
We are firm believers in inclusion, self-determination, social justice and Equality.
The company secretary will work alongside the company chairperson and other members of the Board of Directors by sharing responsibilities to ensure that the company’s administration of a high and effective standard. They will also work together to ensure that the company complies with the relevant law and legislations.
The successful candidate will be required to work flexibly and on their own initiative whilst being based remotely until further notice. The successful candidate will be obliged to exercise due care, skill and diligence during their appointment.
Duties and responsibilities included:
- Maintaining accurate records & making them available as required by submitting reports to the BOD as required.
- Co-signing and certifying of statements and/or legal declarations.
- Comply with the organisations governing document
- Ensuring the organisation is complying with its purpose for the public’s benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the organisation
- Support collective responsibility of Board
- Keeping the company’s minutes of board and general meetings
- Keeping and making available for inspection, the company’s registers
- Providing the directors with legal and administrative support
- Publishing statutory notices
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Supports the executive to ensure an effective AGM and oversees compliance with organisation constitution in this regard.
- Experience in a Company Secretary role.
- Legal experience or qualification.
There will be a minimum of 8 board meetings a year. Meetings are held online or in Dublin City centre.