Croom Family Resource Centre (CFRC) was originally established in 2007 and currently operates from Croom Mills, Croom, Co. Limerick.
Croom Family Resource Centre, is rooted in the local community and all work is underpinned by community development principles and practices.
A key feature of Croom Family Resource Centre’s work is the involvement of local people in identifying needs and developing needs-led responses.
CFRC is seeking to recruit new Board Members. Membership on the CFRC Voluntary Board of Management is an opportunity to influence the strategic direction of CFRC and supporting positive change in all it supports and services.
The Board are particularly interested in individuals who are either:
- A resident of the target area and / or have a knowledge and understanding of the issues for the community
- A member of a Working Group / Sub-group of the organisation or someone who has volunteered directly with, or on behalf of, the organisation
- Part of another voluntary organisation operating within the target area of the organisation;
- Governance and compliance experience
- Treasurer experience
General duties of a member of the VBOM:
- Commitment to the evolution of CFRC
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Attendance at Board meetings
- Shaping strategy for the development of CFRC
- Ensuring that all activities are consistent with CFRC vision and core values
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Representing the interests of all CFRC target group as opposed to their own.