DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
The Adventure Project is a social enterprise who use outdoor education & adventure sports in developmental & therapeutic ways with disadvantaged communities and individuals.
Our mission is to provide the opportunity for people from marginalized communities to experience, and benefit from, the best outdoor education experiences that Ireland has to offer.
We are looking to add to our board of trustees to support and guide the organisation in the implementation of the strategic plan.
Responsibilities of a Charity Trustee:
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensure the Charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Act in the best interest of the Charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the Charity
Responsibilities Specific to this Role:
- Oversee and ensure compliance with The Adventure Project’s financial policies and procedures
- Ensure that The Adventure Project’s financial practices are in line with regulations and legislation
- Provide guidance on the development and enhancement of the internal financial control framework
- Review monthly reconciliations, financial reports and financial analysis
- Assist in the development of high-quality financial reports and key performance indicators
- Monitor cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions
- Safeguard The Adventure Project’s assets and ensure overall financial stability
- Assist in budgetary planning and monitoring expenditure against budget
- Review the annual financial statements and CRO documents
- Advise the board on a wide variety of finance issues, regulatory compliance with the CRO and the Charities Regulator
- The candidate must be a qualified Accountant, ACA or ACCA qualified
- Minimum of 5 years post qualification experience
- Experience working at a managerial level with finance responsibility
- Experience in the preparation and review of annual financial statements
- Strong analytical ability, with a logical approach to problem solving and sound judgement
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to communicate and interact effectively with the committee and other stakeholders
- Alignment with the ethos of The Adventure Project.
- A willingness to learn about the developmental & therapeutic benefits that adventure sports can bring to participants.
Meetings will take place on a monthly basis.
This is a voluntary position.
The Application Process:
To apply, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Trustee: Finance”
1. Your motivation for applying
2. An outline of how your skills/experience meet those required for the role
3. Any relevant additional skills/experience that you could bring to the board (e.g. strategic planning, project management, IT, administrative, leadership, etc.).