Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership (KRSP) was established in 2004 following a successful bid to Sport Ireland. The key aims of the Local Sports Partnership is to increase participation in sport through coordination ensuring that local resources are used to best effect.
Kilkenny Recreation and Sports Partnership vision for Kilkenny is an active vibrant community, vitalised by sports and recreation opportunities that are accessible to all. KRSP aims to work collaboratively with others to empower people and communities across Kilkenny to create an environment that supports lifelong participation in sports and active recreation for all.
The outcomes sought from the Local Sports Partnerships by Sport Ireland include:
• Enhanced planning of sport at local level
• Increased levels of local participation, especially amongst specific target groups such as older people, girls and women, people with disabilities, unemployed people and those who live in identified disadvantaged communities
• Club development & volunteer training
• Local directories of sports bodies and facilities
• Clear priorities for facility provision and improvement, with related quality management initiatives
• School/ club/ community and school/ NGB links
• Local Sports events