Kildare Local Transport Link, Level 7, Aras Chill Dara, Naas, Co Kildare
Email: kildaresd @locallink.ie Tel: 045 980383. CRO No: 544041 CHY No. 21451.
“The objects for which the Company is established are the prevention or relief of poverty or economic hardship, and
the provision of a benefit to the community, through the provision and support of any means of passenger transport
and related services using roads ("Road Passenger Transport Services") in the region Kildare/South Dublin, and
surrounding areas, to create a better quality of life of people in local communities, particularly for those less
advantaged, socially excluded or isolated and for vulnerable individuals, through the provision of transport, to
integrate and involve those persons in the community”.
Voluntary Trustee / Director.
Kildare Local Transport Link CLG t/a TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin is seeking Volunteer Company Directors.
We are seeking new members to join our current Directors. This role will involve assisting the current structure to meet its legal and regulatory requirements as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) and a Registered Charity. Along with this, Directors play a vital role in identifying where improved transport links can make a positive contribution to their localities and communities.
If you have experience in this area, or would like to make a contribution to transport decisions, and play a role in TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin, we are keen to hear from you. The Board of Directors will welcome all Expressions of Interest as received, however applicants who possess the following skills sets may be prioritised through the initial round of recruitment:
- Corporate Governance / Voluntary Trusteeships
- Risk Management / Financial Management
- HR / Publicity / Social-Media
- Sustainable Transport & Mobility
- Spatial Planning / Sustainable Communities
- Climate Change and Low Carbon Development
TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin is the Transport Coordination Unit (TCU) for the region Kildare - South Dublin. The TCU operates as 1 of 15 Units nationally, contracted to plan and coordinate, local transport services on behalf of the National Transport Authority (NTA). These services are funded under the Rural Transport Programme (RTP) and promoted under the Transport for Ireland (TFI) umbrella.
Kildare Local Transport Link CLG is a not-for-profit Company, limited by guarantee and a registered charity operating since January 2014. The Company has a Board of Directors, Sub Committees, and Staff that are focused on supporting communities and individuals to improve their quality of life, and play a full and active role in their local community by advancing local transport options.
TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin is currently responsible for a mix of scheduled and flexible transport options, provided in all cases by local private bus operators. In 2019, over 100,000 passengers were recorded by TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin. The Company currently employs 6 members of staff on both a full and part time basis.
The Role of a Director
As a Director of Kildare Local Transport Link CLG, there is an expectation that the individual will:
- Attend Board Meetings as per annual schedule. (Average of 8 meetings per year).
- Contribute to Board Meetings in a pro-active and meaningful manner.
- Become familiar with the Company Memorandum and Articles of Association, the legal and regulatory responsibilities, and the role and responsibilities of Kildare Local Transport Link CLG to its funders and stakeholders.
- Help to ensure that the Directors of Kildare Local Transport Link CLG meet
all relevant statutory and regulatory returns and adheres to the contractual obligations to funders.
- Bring expertise to ensure compliance with the relevant codes such as the Code of Conduct for Board Directors and the Charities Governance Code.
- Contribute to the expansion of public transport bus services in the region in line with Ireland’s Rural Mobility Plan – Connecting Ireland.
To request a Role Description and/or Expressions of Interest, please email the Company Secretary by using the address, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 5pm Friday December 02nd 2022
Interviews will be held using the online platform TEAMS.
TFI Local Link Kildare South Dublin is an Equal Opportunities Employer.