South County Dublin Leisure services CLG – Board Member Volunteers
The Company is a Company Limited by Guarantee, registered under Part 18 of the Companies Act 2014. The main object for which the Company is established is to operate sports and leisure centres under license from South Dublin County Council. It currently operates Tallaght and Clondalkin Leisure centres under licence.
There are circa 1.1 million visits per year to our award winning facilities in Tallaght and Clondalkin. Both services have a remit to provide accessible, inclusive and affordable sports and leisure services to the surrounding populations of Tallaght and Clondalkin and beyond.
Facilities managed include: Swimming Pools, Indoor Sports Halls, All-weather Pitches, Gyms, Coffee Shops and Meeting Rooms, catering to the needs of individuals, clubs, groups, schools, sporting organisations, medical professionals and many more. To view more information about services offered please visit www.tallaghtleisure.com and www.clondalkinleisure.com
The company as constituted can have up to six Directors three of whom must be recruited through public invitation. Directors are voluntary and unremunerated. Where, following an open invitation a surplus of applications is received, existing Directors including the chairperson will shortlist and choose the successful applicants based on relevant experience and skills.
Applicants for consideration as directors should have a track record in the governance of voluntary, community, non-profit sector organisations and / or social enterprise. To maximise the experience and support Directors can offer, applicants with suitable skills in legal, financial, business or sporting matters are particularly welcome. A keen appreciation of and commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance is a fundamental requirement. All applicants must be over 18.
- Together with fellow board members pursue and uphold the objectives of the company
- To ensure the company fulfils its obligations as set out under licence, MOU or any other partnership agreement it may have with South Dublin County Council
- The strategic growth and development of the company and the development of strategic policy to this end as required.
- Manage the assets of the company
- Ensure the highest standards of corporate governance are always observed.
- Comply with all legal requirements under the Memo and Articles of the company and the companies act 2014.
Please note the deadlines for submissions of expression of interests and CVs is Nov 30th at 5pm. To apply for this position or find out more about what is involved please email email@example.com