North & East Housing Association is an Approved Housing Body (AHB) incorporated in 1993 by a group of volunteers who recognised that the housing needs of communities in the North and East of Ireland were not being met by the private market and local authority housing schemes. Since then, North & East has grown from a small voluntary organisation into an established housing body. We provide housing management and tenant support systems for approx. 700 homes in twenty-six locations across eleven local authority jurisdictions.
The Board of North & East is responsible for the long-term success of the Association providing leadership and direction, setting the overall strategy, overseeing its implementation, and making sure only acceptable risks are taken. It establishes organisational culture and values and is responsible for financial performance and corporate governance.
The organisation is currently in a period of growth and change and is looking for a Trustee with experience of both who will help oversee the implementation of the Association’s forthcoming HR Strategy and advise on any major organisational changes from a strategic HR point of view.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience at Board level in strategy development and delivery
- Experience in change management and strategic decision making
- Commitment to the highest levels of governance
- Experience serving on not-for-profit Boards of Directors or sub-committees
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- There will be approximately six board meetings per year and 4 meetings of the People Resource Committee. Additional meetings may sometimes be held for specific projects such as Strategy development or review.
- A number of meetings are held in person at a venue in Dublin City Centre and the rest are held remotely via MS teams