CEIST (Catholic Education in Irish Schools’ Trust) is the Trustee body for 107 Voluntary Catholic Secondary Schools in Ireland. Our vision is to provide a holistic education in the Catholic tradition.
CEIST are seeking a Charity trustee with a Legal background. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in the Education sector, we are keen to hear from you.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities of a Legal Charity Trustee include the following:
- Inputting to the strategic direction, contributing with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in other sectors.
- Act as Legal Counsel, assisting on legal aspects of the organisation and pertaining to best practice
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice
- A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister. Expertise in areas such as Employment and Commercial Law would be an advantage.
There will be on average 9-10 board meetings per year. The successful candidate will also be asked to join a sub-committee. Meetings are held in Kill, Co. Kildare. At present Board meetings are online given current circumstances.