Cappagh Hospital Foundation are seeking a Trustee with a Legal background. If you have experience in this area and want to play a key role in helping us we would like to hear from you.
The Charities Regulator launched a Charities Governance Code in late 2018. This Code sets out a mandatory standard for governance in Irish charities. The Code identifies 6 principles on which good governance is based. By looking at these principles we can identify some of the key responsibilities for charity trustees.
The six principles are:
- Advancing Charitable Purpose
- Behaving with Integrity
- Leading People
- Exercising Control
- Working Effectively
- Being Accountable & Transparent
Responsibilities for board members (trustees) will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting on best practice on all aspects of the organisation but specifically on legal issues.
- Assist with the creation of strategic plans which will comply with current legislation and practice
- Participate in Board meetings, committee meeting and Fundraising activities as required.
A Qualified Solicitor or Barrister with at least 5 years’ experience. Expertise in areas such as Contracts; Employment Law, Disability, or commercial.
There will be 4/5 board meetings and a number of sub-committee meetings a year.
Meetings are held in Cappagh Hospital Foundation office, Finglas, Dublin 11. AGM may be held in Dublin city centre.
For an initial conversation and further information, please email Chair: Eleanor Garvey <email@example.com>.