Bóthar is the Irish international charity that provides the gift of livestock as a means of sustainable development.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity.
A new Board of Bóthar is currently being established and this will be an exciting time to join and to contribute to the plans for the organisation going forward. We work closely with the Charities Regulator and are working towards compliance with the new Governance code
Bóthar are seeking a trustee with a HR background to join the Board. We are particularly interested in those with a background in Employment Law. The new Board of Bóthar will develop a new strategic plan so this is an opportunity for someone to be in the organisation at a pivotal time.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Overseeing the implementation of the strategic plan and developing Bóthar’s strategic direction
- Overseeing Human Resources policy formation and implementation as required
- Providing expertise and guidance to Board and staff members
- Fulfilling the requirements of company law and upholding principles of good governance
Essential Skills/Qualities required for these roles:
- Human Resources experience at a Senior Level. Expertise in Employment Law would be an advantage
- A commitment to the values of the community and voluntary sector.
- An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
- Commitment to highest levels of corporate governance
The Board are holding meetings every 3 weeks reviewing current activities of the organisation and will be developing a new strategy into the future. Board meetings take place in the evenings, usually at 7.30pm. There is a hybrid model in place and Board members will have the option of attending in-person in Bóthar’s premises in Old Clare Street, Limerick or via zoom.
It is imperative that appointed candidate has the appropriate time to give to Bóthar as we go through a period of transformation. All decisions are strategic at this time therefore all board members would need to be engaged on all areas.