The overall aim of the Board of Directors is to support the strategic direction of MWRSS and ensure good governance and overall management of the organisation
- To ensure the ethos, mission, aims and objectives of the organisation are upheld and reflected in the organisation’s day to day work
- To ensure that the Board of the organisation is accountable to its funders and ultimately to the women and children that it works with
- To oversee the financial management of the organisation and the meeting of all the organisation’s obligations in line with company law and best practice
- To inform the ongoing and future development of MWRSS through providing ongoing support, strategic advice and direction for the organisation
- To provide a space for raising concerns or issues facing the organisation and identifying strategies and responses to overcome them
- To raise awareness of the organisation externally and to identify key areas or groups that should be targeted to raise their awareness of the organisation
In addition, this specific role is seeking a director who has finance and auditing experience and expertise which can contribute to the oversight of financial governance in the organisation.
Expressions of Interest are sought from candidates who have this expertise and experience, who can attend 5-6 board meetings a year (1.5 hour in person meetings) and 4 finance, governance and risk sub group meetings (online 1 hour meetings).
Candidates will complete an EOI form which goes forward to the board for consideration and decision. Meath Women's Refuge and Support Services is looking to ensure our board reflects the diversity of Irish society and promotes equality and we welcome expressions of candidates who reflect this diversity.