General duties of a charity Trustee:
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensuring the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
Additional responsibilities of a NiteLine Trustee:
- Provide mentorship support to NiteLine’s third-level student committee
- Provide input to the strategic direction of NiteLine and contribute with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation
- Maintain the ethos of NiteLine
- Drive to provide a high-quality service
Responsibilities specific to this role:
- Assist with determining business requirements for IT systems and processes in particular in relation of implementing a mobile-friendly instant messaging and communication platform, as well as a platform for knowledge management
- Advise on secure infrastructure for regular compliance, risk, financial and operative performance reporting (e.g. GDPR compliant data warehouse with reporting functionality)
- Support and advise on further required developments of NiteLine’s webpage
- Provide expertise on organizational setup and skills for IT and Analytics related roles within NiteLine’s student committee
- 6 years + experience in software engineering and computer science with MSc preferred, or a related field
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and overseeing the technical infrastructure within an organization (including systems administration of databases, data storage and telecommunications systems and platforms) and managing digital transformation or innovation projects
- Expertise of information security and regulation, statistical analysis, data and knowledge management.
- Experience leading and coaching a team or junior members within an organisation
- An interest or previous experience working with mental health charities
- Web design or web management experience would would be an advantage
Meetings will take place on a monthly basis.
This is a voluntary position. In certain circumstances, travel expenses can be paid in line with NiteLine’s policy.
The Application Process:
To apply, please send a CV (max 2 pages) and cover letter (max 1 page) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Trustee: IT” no later than midnight on May 9th. Your cover letter should include:
1. Your motivation for applying
2. An outline of how your skills/experience meet those required for the role
3. Any relevant additional skills/experience that you could bring to the board (e.g. strategic planning, project management, IT, administrative, leadership, etc.).
Interviews will take place remotely in May, with the successful candidate being confirmed by June.