The Mid West Simon Community is seeking to recruit three new Trustees.
The Board of the Mid West Simon Community is seeking to recruit 3 new Trustees, with each new Trustee having recent and relevant experience and knowledge in one of the following areas:
- Accountancy, audit and risk management
- HR & Governance
- PR & Marketing
Skills/Qualities for these roles:
- An appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
- An understanding of the contribution of the AHB sector to social and affordable housing delivery in Ireland
- An understanding of and commitment to the Mid West Simon Community’s mission and values
- Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Provides input to the strategic direction of the Mid West Simon Community and contributes with insight, oversight, and experience of strategy formulation in the sector.
The Board meets seven - eight times per year. Board meetings are usually held in Limerick and/or via Zoom from 5.30pm to 7.30pm.
The new Board members would also be required to attend a minimum of four committee meetings per year.
About the Organisation
The Mid West Simon Community is an Approved Housing Body (AHB) established in 2007.
Continually collaborating with our statutory and voluntary partners, we have rapidly grown our presence across the Mid West region to become one of the larger providers of homeless and support services.
We have charitable ‘not for profit’ status and are driven by our mission to:
- Provide emergency accommodation for people who become homeless
- Provide people with homes
- Support people to keep their homes
- Advocate for changes in social policy that will make a real impact on ending homelessness
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the charity’s governing document
- Ensure that the charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Act in the best interest of the charity
- Act with reasonable care and skill
- Manage the assets of the charity
Letter of interest and suitability sent directly to Chairperson@mwsimon.ie before 2nd August 2022. Applications should detail any relevant non profit and Board experience.
An initial commitment of 3 years is preferred.
Interviews are expected to take place by the Chairperson of the Board in Limerick/Clare (as suitable).
If you require any further information regarding these Board vacancies, please contact the Executive Assistant to the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mid West Simon Community is an equal opportunity employer.
See our website for more information on our services:
Charity No. 20063450 CHY 1718