Each Trustee is expected:
- To promote & work towards the objectives of the company as defined in the Memorandum of Association.
- To contribute to the future direction & strategic planning of the organisation therefore enabling it to further achieve its objectives.
- To be objective & honest in their dealings with the Board.
- To attend and contribute to all meetings.
- To use their specific skills, knowledge or experience to contribute to decision making in the best interests of the organisation.
- To treat matters within the organisation as confidential and abide by decisions taken. Members should not seek to undermine any previous decisions.
- To be responsible for staff. This includes recruiting of staff as well as support & supervision of staff.
- To attend occasional functions and events to represent the centre.
- Supporting Compliance with the Governance Code
- 5-6 meetings are held per annum. This includes the AGM.
- Advance notice of dates will be given
- Meetings are held in Sligo Town (holding online currently)
- Meetings are usually held morning time during the working week. (This may change depending on make up of the Board
Additional duties specific to the Communications and Public Relations role:
- Supporting the Volunteer Centre Manager in the development of a communications plan for Sligo Volunteer Centre.
- Providing general expertise and advice on all matters relating to communications and public relations.
- Taking an active role in relevant sub-committees established by the board.
- Acting as the board spokesperson for Sligo Volunteer Centre from time to time
We value having a diverse Board that reflects as many different people in our communities as possible. To achieve this , we are particularly open to applications from younger members of our community and people from diverse backgrounds.