The Down Syndrome Centre are seeking to recruit a trustee with a background in Clinical management preferably with experience or knowledge in the Intellectual Disability sector.
- Comply with the Charity's governing document, previous knowledge of the Charities Governance code desirable but not essential at inception of role.
- Ensure charity is compliant with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the Charity
- Support in managing the assets of the charity to ensure transparency and compliance.
- Providing input and support to the strategic direction of the Down Syndrome Centre and contributing with insight, oversight and experience of strategy formulation in the sector.
- Support in the development and review of policies as required
- a knowledge of HSE regulations/structure
- Clinical Management experience
- a deep appreciation and knowledge of the Not-For-Profit sector
- Commitment to the highest levels of Corporate Governance
There will be a approx 4 - 6 board meetings a year. Meetings are held in the Down Syndrome Centre or local hotel in the Dublin 18 locality.