Cranmore Community Co-operative Society Ltd are a Community Development and Youth charity based in the East City Regeneration Area of Sligo.
Originally set up as an advocacy group to represent the community through the Regeneration process, its mission is as follows: “As the official voice of the Cranmore Community, we work together to empower the people to enhnce their quality of life. While liaising with statutory agencies for the provision of facilities and services’’
The organisation has continued to develop and now seeks to grow as a social enterprise, building trading elements so it can become more sustainable, and also to create an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the community, for the benefit of the community.
The Management Committee made up of community representatives would like to invite someone with experience and knowledge in business or social enterprise to join the team and take part in planning this next exciting stage in the Co-op’s development.
General duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborating on, and inputting into, our strategic direction and business plan formulation
- With experience and insight, assist with stress-testing and challenging us to think creatively and take calculated risks
Management Committee Meetings:
There are monthly Management Committee meetings. Meetings are held at 7pm in the evening. Participation through zoom can be facilitated. If monthly meetings are too much of a time commitment there is also the option of joining a subcommittee in this area where participation is reduced to 3 – 4 meetings a year.
If you have expertise in business or social enterprise and would like to share your knowledge and skills for a very worthwhile, rewarding, interesting and exciting cause, please press apply below and insert your details.