Bóthar is the Irish international charity that provides the gift of livestock as a means of sustainable development.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document.
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity.
A new Board of Bóthar is currently being established and this will be an exciting time to join and to contribute to the plans for the organisation going forward. We work closely with the Charities Regulator and are working towards compliance with the new Governance code.
Bóthar are seeking a trustee with a business background to join the Board. We are interested in those who have commercial experience, Business Development and Governance knowledge. The new Board of Bóthar will develop a new strategic plan so this is an opportunity for someone to be in the organisation at a pivotal time.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborating on, and inputting to, our strategic direction and formulation
- With experience and insight, assist with stress-testing and challenging us to think creatively about scaling our model for maximum impact
The Board are holding meetings every 3 weeks reviewing current activities and will be developing a new strategy into the future. Board meetings take place in the evenings, usually at 7.30pm. There is a hybrid model in place and Board members will have the option of attending in-person in Bóthar’s premises in Old Clare Street Limerick or via zoom.
It is imperative that appointed candidate has the appropriate time to give to Bóthar as we go through a period of transformation. All decisions are strategic at this time therefore all board members would need to be engaged on all areas.