Fighting Blindness are seeking a trustee with a business background to join the Board. We are interested in those who have commercial experience, Business Development and Governance knowledge. The Board of Fighting Blindness will develop a new strategic plan so this is an opportunity for someone to be in the organisation at a pivotal time.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborating on, and inputting to, our strategic direction and formulation
- With experience and insight, assist with stress-testing and challenging us to think creatively about scaling our model for maximum impact
There will be approximately six board meetings per year. Meetings are held from 4pm – 6pm on Tuesday evenings. There will be an alternate approach going forward (every other meeting in person).
In person meetings taking place at the premises of Fighting Blindness, 7 Ely Place, Dublin 2. The incoming Trustee will also be expected to join a subcommittee, subcommittees meetings are scheduled two weeks prior to board meetings.