Sensational Kids is seeking expressions of interest from candidates who have finance/accountancy experience and qualifications, who are interested in becoming a voluntary board member. We are seeking an individual with proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy. This is a core role on our voluntary board of directors which will also take responsibility for chairing our finance & audit board sub-committee.
The ideal candidate should have an interest in and knowledge of the social enterprise and/or charity sector and be familiar the Charities Regulatory Authority Governance Code and ideally SORP accounting practices.
About Sensational Kids
Sensational Kids is an award-winning social enterprise with charitable status, that has already changed the lives of over 9,000 children, saving their families over €2 million in therapy fees. We provide vital front-line therapeutic supports for children and adolescents of all abilities, ensuring that these children in need have access to vital supports when and where they need them.
Headquartered in Kildare Town, Sensational Kids runs four regional child development centres in all four provinces: Kildare Town, Clonakilty – Co Cork, Claremorris – Co Mayo and Clones – Co Monaghan.
Sensational Kids is currently in a period of high growth as we deliver our plans to grow and scale our social impact by increasing the number of children supported each year. We are also embarking on a capital development project to custom build a flagship Child Development Centre in Kildare Town.
For more information visit About Us | Sensational Kids
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
- Comply with the Charity’s governing document
- Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
- Acting in the best interest of the charity
- Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
- Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities will include the following:
- The candidate must be a qualified Accountant, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience
- To have a deep insight into all Financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change.
To have oversight of compliance and risk management in the organisation.
- The Director will be appointed to the Finance committee of the organisation. Their role will be to evaluate and monitor the adequacy of Financial controls and procedures and ensure the organisation is compliant with best practice principles.
- Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
- Oversight of compliance and risk management in line with usual board responsibilities
Length of term
Term: 3 years, with a up to a maximum of 3 terms
Meetings take place online and sometimes in person in Kildare Town
12 meetings per year:
- 6 x bi-monthly board meetings
- Plus 6 finance & audit committee meetings per year
Time should be allowed between meetings to review and contribute to board and board sub-committee papers.
How to apply
If you feel that you can contribute to our voluntary board of directors and add value to the organisation, please get in touch in the first instance by email to our CEO Karen@sensationalkids.ie outlining why you would like to join our team.
Please note that this is a voluntary position, serving as a voluntary board member on our board of directors. Board of Directors | Sensational Kids