Wildlife Rehabilitation Ireland was established to support, extend and improve wildlife rehabilitation resources in Ireland; promote awareness and education about Irish wildlife for the general public and for professionals working in this and adjacent fields; take any other action that will improve wildlife welfare and conservation in Ireland.
Our most challenging and exciting project at present is building Ireland's first Wildlife Rehabilitation & Teaching Hospital. The aim of which is to save the lives of thousands of injured wild animals, whilst promoting public respect and love for nature, & providing educational opportunities and therapeutic benefits to people who visit and work at the wildlife hospital.
• Comply with WRI’s governing document
• Ensure WRI is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Act in the best interest of WRI
• Act with reasonable care and skill
• Manage the assets of WRI
The responsibilities of the Treasurer are as follows:
• A proven knowledge in financial management or accountancy
• A deep insight into all financial policies and controls and propose any recommendations for change
• Oversight of compliance and risk management in in line with usual board responsibilities
• Evaluate and monitor the adequacy of financial controls and procedures and ensure the organisation is compliant with best practice principles
• Advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc
Qualities and skills required
• The candidate must be a qualified Accountant, ACA or CIMA qualified, ideally with at least 5 years senior management experience
- Excellent organisational skills
- Trustworthiness and reliability
- Strong sense of ethics and integrity
- Ability to manage deadlines
- Teamworking ability
- Communication and interpersonal skills
WRI have monthly board meetings and additional sub-committee meetings. Meetings are held via zoom at present, and will return to in-person meetings, with an optional zoom link, when Covid restrictions permit.
Registered Charity: 20142551
Company No. 555237