Board Member with Strategy Development Experience
The Museum of Childhood Ireland is seeking to recruit a Board Member with Strategy Development Experience with a background in strategic planning and charity organisations. The Board are particularly interested in individuals with recent and relevant experience in project management and knowledge of financial forecasting or accountancy.
General Trustee duties of a Charity Trustee
• Comply with the Charity’s governing document
• Ensuring charity is complying with its charitable purpose for the public benefit
• Acting in the best interest of the charity
• Act with Reasonable Care and Skill
• Manage the assets of your charity
Responsibilities of the Strategy Lead will include the following:
In a nutshell:
To build a strategy and guide the Board towards achieving its overarching goal of having a permanent home in the form of a physical building for a social history museum of childhood at a location TBC in Ireland, developing strategies for achievable steps to the goal.
• Lead the evolution and delivery of the concept, be the force behind the strategic direction of the Museum
• Direct the Board across a range of its key priority areas including strategy development and implementation ensuring strategic alignment with partners,stakeholders, and potential funding vehicles
• Responsible for the development of a long-term strategy to achieve agreed goals
• Identify new potential services and income streams and work closely with the fundraising lead to produce targeted strategies to access these funds
• Contribute and oversee relevant policy formation and implementation as required
• Build out a financial forecasting plan to accompany the strategy, evaluate and monitor for the achievement of targets ensuring compliance with best practice principles.
• Have an overview of the finances to advise the Board on financial implications of proposals, cash flow problems etc.
• Work alongside and in collaboration with the relevant Board Members looking after Fundraising, Marketing & Compliance, amongst others
• Team buildout – Work to fill out the Board’s strategy related team needs e.g. high-level fundraising strategist, financial planning expertise recruitment, design management and comms support, work with and guide the existing fundraising team members, etc.
Essential Skills / Qualities required for this role:
• Experience of strategy formulation in the not-for-profit sector
• A deep appreciation and knowledge of the sector
• An understanding of and commitment to our mission and values
• Commitment to the highest levels of corporate governance